Grilled Honey-Mustard Chicken with Arugula and Plum Salad-3 Tbsp honey (I used Safeway's organic stuff imported from Brazil *eyeroll*)
-2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (used Beaver Brand Sweet Hot Mustard)
-1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme (Safeway organic again)
-4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
-8 bone-in, skin-in chicken thighs (got a 12-pack and froze the remainders)
-Kosher salt and black pepper
-2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
-2 bunches arugula (I just bought Safeway's washed & ready stuff)
-2 plums, pitted and thinly sliced (one plum was enough for three people)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, thyme and 1 Tbsp of the oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat grill pan to medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken thighs in the pan ~7 minutes per side (skin should be properly browned). Place pan into the oven and bake for ~20 minutes, flipping the chicken midway through.
- Bake the chicken five minutes more after brushing the honey mixture onto the skin.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 3 Tbsp of oil and 1/4 t each of salt and pepper. Toss with the arugula and arrange with plums on top. Serve with chicken.
Recipe from Real Simple Magazine, July 2012 issue.