Friday, June 16, 2017

More lists

Reasons I loved growing up in the suburbs

  • Waking up Saturday mornings to my dad's gas lawnmower and the smell of freshly cut grass through my window
  • Having a front and back yard
  • Falling asleep in the summer to the sounds of frogs croaking in the pond behind said back yard
  • Enjoying such simple past times as movies with friends at our one local theater and getting Coldstone afterwards
  • Benefiting from a public education that was rigorous enough to get into college but not so demanding that I had a nervous breakdown
  • Having my pick of sprawling parking lots in which to learn how to drive
  • Having parking, always, wherever I went, period
  • Having... quiet... so much of it. No buses, trucks, trains or planes. 
  • Beautiful, glorious suburban sprawl as far as the eye can see.

Concepts I learned in college that I still think about constantly

Boutique business starter pack

Things I like about working in Pioneer Square

  • Picking up holds at the Central Library on my lunch break
  • Walks on the waterfront now that there's less construction
  • Meeting up with my mom who works nearby
  • Chinatown for Uwajimaya (and Pokemon Go gym battles)
  • Columbia Tower for juice
  • Westlake for buying presents
  • Witnessing the full spectrum of social classes, all together in one square block, more or less. 

How millennials communicate

  • writing things in all lowercase letters
  • capitalizing the first letter of only specific words for Emphasis, even words that Aren't Proper Nouns
  • using exaggerated kerning with words, also for e m p h a s i s
  • putting👏clapping👏hands👏emojis👏between👏every👏word👏to👏add👏even👏more👏emphasis
  • using gifs
  • using #hastags #thelongerthebetter
  • starting sentences with the word "honestly"
  • ending sentences with imho, lol, lmao or tbh.

Things I look forward to when I travel to England/Spain this August

  • Buying and reading a physical copy of the local newspaper
  • Tasting the best of that region's junk food (very important; I'm talking sweet and savory)
  • Taking public transportation
  • Chatting with locals
  • Attending church and worshiping God in a different way
  • Spending hours at museums
  • Taking tacky selfies
  • Committing a cultural faux pas (like the one above)
  • Getting lost
  • Shaking my head at other tourists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers